Inevitably the question for an upcoming graduate is typically, “What are you going to do now that you have graduated?” The cliché response would of course be, “I am going to Disneyland!” Well, this graduate is not going to Disneyland, but a summer of travel and rejuvenation is ahead for me. I am definitely a girl who loves a big, urban city; hence, the UMS degree as one of my majors. Thus, I am looking forward to a week long grad trip to NYC at the end of May. I have a bit of a gypsy in me, so anytime I can get out and experience other places I am very happy. It is also time for another celebration because my cousin will be getting married in Brooklyn, which I am thrilled about. It should be a lovely trip and the City is always amazing right before the humidity of summer sets in.
My next trip is a combined business and pleasure trip. I have a conference to attend in San Diego for three days. It is the premiere conference concerning women with struggles with addiction. I am traveling with a dear friend and colleague from the office and so we decided to extend and make it a trip to remember! We are both bringing our significant others and we are renting a lovely beach home in beautiful La Jolla for a week. I have never stayed in La Jolla, so I am looking forward to staying in a new locale. I have stayed in the heart of San Diego about a thousand times, but this will be new. It’s been awhile since I have had some good California beach time and I for sure need it. Indeed, I have always had a dream to learn how to surf, so I will definitely be taking that opportunity when I travel in July.
I find it difficult to be still and inactive, so I also plan to take piano lessons this summer before it’s back to the grind in the Fall. I hope all of you have a wonderful summer that will bring you amazing memories following a grueling year of growth!



That sounds like a great plan for your summer. It's always nice to get away and to celebrate your hard work and accomplishments. enjoy!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are going to have an amazing summer! I love both NYC and La Jolla. I bet you will have a wonderful time! Glad you have such a great way to celebrate.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds fantastic! I've only been to NYC once but I loved it. Hope I get to go back soon. My family and I will be visiting my grandparents in Honolulu at the end of May so I guess I can't be too jealous of your trip to NY. Have a great time! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm incredibly jealous. I grew up primarily outside of NYC in NJ but spent weekends with my Brooklyn-native family. La Jolla is beautiful, I've stayed there once and I loved it. Piano lessons?! I took lessons when I was young but have forgotten everything. You have an awesome summer planned!
ReplyDeleteA tourist is a fellow who drives thousands of miles so he can be photographed standing in front of his car. – Emile Ganest Flights to Accra
ReplyDeleteCheap Flights to Accra
Cheap Air Tickets to Accra