I am happy to report that business is good at NCADD and we received an increase in funding to show for it. This is especially exciting news for me, because as a leader in the organization I have essentially been working two full time jobs. My CEO has approved funding allocation to hire a part time counselor (32 hours a week) as an audition for a possible permanent position with benefits at the conclusion of the fiscal year (June/2012). While this is thrilling, in the short term it has made my schedule even more complex as we have been inundated with responses to the add. I have scheduled eight interviews for next week and I am looking forward to learning about each of the candidates. We have such an amazing team that I feel it is essential for me to ferret out the right person to fit into our work culture. Thus, next week will be busy with school and work. I am very much looking forward to a little Spring Break fever!
For those who might have an interest, the results of our audit process was very positive. As I mentioned, we had four audits in one and it was quite the process. During our process review with the auditor, we were informed that we were exemplary in most standards and only fell below threshold in 4 areas. We weren’t below by much, but it does require that we write a response to Magellan and explain our corrective action strategies. It is a wonderful feeling to have your work validated by the external forces that control funding!
On Saturday I will be taking a GRE math bootcamp. I am not even certain that I need it, or that I will even take the GRE (it might be LSAT for me), but I thought that it couldn’t hurt to brush up on some of those rusty mathematics skills. I’ll keep you posted on how it all goes.
Good luck with the interviewing process. I'm sure the addition of another person on staff will help alleviate the pressures you're under.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure the interview process went well and you hired a marvelous person to help you out. I've started studying for the LSAT myself. Have you considered participating in any of the classes for LSAT preparation? I've looked into Kaplan.
ReplyDelete